Google Analytics

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Not important

A few stalled career moves ago, a leaving card to sign lands on my drawing board. Amongst the "good luck" and "so long" messages for this sullen and morose individual, I wrote:

When you think the whole world is against you, and everyone is purely out to ruin your life, it's time to face the facts.
You're really not that important.


Years passed, and our work lives crossed again. He reminded me - word for word - exactly what I'd written. I think he'd taken it with the humour intended, but had remained resolutely peeved with his lot.

Been getting kinda anxious about things recently. Unquantifiable things. Life things. Convinced that my little precious oasis of happiness that I've nurtured with the people around me was falling apart. Worried about.. well? What? That everyone was out to get me? And then I remembered...

You're really not that important.

Just glad to be back to being part of the whole. Rather than wholly apart.

No comments: