Google Analytics

Friday, June 15, 2007

We sound great from over there

I'm tired.
And achy.
And I have a blister.
And I've worn the top off my finger.

Had a blinding evening out playing after Alice's birthday party tea. Full compliment of Them Harvey Boys descended on Liam's Buskers Night down at the wine bar in town. Even Part Time Dan. Bluffed and fluffed our way through tunes and songs long lost.

Home, hot and sweaty. Couldn't sleep. Window open and isn't nature noisy? Eventually decamped to Kate's old cane sofa on the porch of the summerhouse, where early morning birdlife, buzzing insects, and rain falling on the grass, eventually drowned out the church clock - I never heard it strike six. And seven? Back to the house for a cup of fix everything tea.

It's a strange old time at the moment. Messing with cars and music from the past. Mixed retrospective thoughts and feelings. Enjoying the nostalgia it recreates - missing the part that it can't bring back.

I am older, but no wiser.

No comments: