Google Analytics

Monday, November 27, 2006

Thomas head and a luverly weekend

One of those weekends! Where we did EVERYTHING!

Di came round to watch us eat breakfast. Been hypnotised to help her give up the evil weed. 3,2,1 - you're back in the room. All I can say is, go girl. Y'know you want to. As for Flash Player 9, on Firefox 2, on SuSE 9 - reckon you've found my limits. You're in weardie beardie territory now...

Went to see a friend Saturday morning - a very talented fellow fool who messes with all things 4-banger. Did me a great deal on a finned aluminium cylinder head. Name of Thomas. Not a clue when I'll get round to using it, although it'll fit a treat on the Diamond B block that "turned up" last week. For now? It'll shine up and sit somewhere looking good.

For those that know nothing of the perversities of bangers, A's, B's and flatheads, all I can say is- oh well. You're probably better off.

Trip to a scrap yard in torrential thunderstorm - "you stay in the car with your sandwiches, kids" netted nothing to filling the yawning chasm that is the Sedan roof, so we pressed on to go tenpin bowling with Jenny and Char. Whole mixture of strikes and misses only proves I'm as averagely inaccurate as I've always been. And that Alice is the only one amongst us that has a competitive streak.

Rushed home and went to a Thanksgiving dinner round at my friend Becky's. Born in California, raised in Virginia, before coming here to raise her own family with David, we looked after the pigs on their smallholding whilst they were away recently.
More of a Harvest Festival really - whole table groaning under the weight of all the food from their allotments and fields. Must have turned my kids part-veggie now I think - they weren't that keen on the mutton and beef, but SO much to eat.

Cleared the first course, floured the table, and we all made bread from a big bowl of dough, before moving onto pumpkin pie. Pumpkin pie. Mmmm.

Made our excuses and took the bread to the pub with us along with my double bass and a mandolin. Bluegrass session with some old friends. Wonderful. Oh, and some new friends. Hi Jenny! Must teach you some chords on the mandolin...

With all the rushing around on Saturday - lost the kids to the friends and the woods on Sunday.
Friends popped round. Bob, Pip, Nick, Becky, David.
And left. And returned.
Washing out.
Rain.
Washing in.
Oh well.

So. What the hey. Raided the larder, and the doo bin, invited the sleepy Jenny (ah, bless - busy day?) and her two over for err, umm, lets call it the nearest I can muster for a Sunday roast. Roasted vegetable tart. Broccoli cheese. Roast spuds. Apple pie. Busy. Kids. Warm, and luverly. Content with the world.

If I had a beer in my hand instead of a keyboard, I'd raise it to the warmth of being amongst friends.

Is this OK?
Y'know, I do believe it is.

No comments: