Google Analytics

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

People with Flat Heads at Prescott.

I first went to Prescott to watch a damp VSCC meet about 14 years ago. Tripped down in the band van, parked in a field on the hill. Discussed three-wheelers with Dick Buckland. It took me till last year to make it back as a spectator when I parked my scruffy A Fordor in the Orchard. The only set of whitewalls amongst the VSCC set...

Summer was a washout this year with no time nor money to enjoy but when I was badgered into entering for October the 2nd I knew I had to do it. Had to! Driving there and back in sheet rain and sleeping on nothing but a blanket in a ridiculously small tent? Didn't notice. Had a tense couple of weeks sorting out my very own barn-find roadster - it'd been standing up for 2 years. Squeaked it down for an MOT with a few days to spare, fitted the tyres up last week, ignored the slapping piston and clunking back axle and thrashed it a couple of hundred miles across the country.What could possibly go wrong?!
Fun? Oh yes...
Brilliant.

No comments: