Google Analytics

Friday, May 18, 2007

Cool Running Meltdown.

Cool Runnings. Lovely, feel good, shed a tear, cliche filled, piece of Disney hocum. John Candy as the reluctant coach for the first Jamaican Bobsleigh team. Each character with their personal hill to conquer, before learning to become a team.

Right now, I'm Derice. The driver. Whilst the rest go out to party, he's back in the hotel room going through each twist and turn, learning the route down the bobsleigh run.

Been doing the same, working out the route in my head for the second Flathead Meltdown Reliability Run. Until I've taken my "team" along a fun filled run through the byways of Norfolk, I won't relax.

It was all a wing and a prayer last time. Too worried about whether it'd work to really enjoy it until the evening, when I realised it had been brilliant. Felt bad leaving Kate at home with the kids to organise the holiday we were going on the next morning. She really wasn't too well by then, but I'd started planning the Reliability Run months earlier. Still, Kate came over that evening, met the happy wanderers, and could see how much it meant to me.



Silly fool, it'll be fine.

No comments: