Google Analytics

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Nice bloke. Bit shy.

Past the occasionally painted nails. Behind the prescription sunglasses worn too late into the night. Beneath the pork pie trilby and stripped of the faded charity shop Hawaiian shirt. The pale, pale form of me.

Terminally shy - always have been. Forever the quirky aquaintance of someone you meet. "And who's your friend?" Slightly strange Phil. I'm now old enough to have hairs in my ears. That doesn't help...

But it's OK.

What's wonderful is the true feeling in my abilities that I get from friends. Some days, there's nothing I can't achieve. It's so much better than having my own self-confidence. It's far more real.

Oh I'm fine by myself. Really. But friends - near and far. Old and new. They give me more than they really know.

Thinking back, it doesn't take much. Hug, kiss, and off to work- a happy family man. Secure in the knowledge that whatever the day may bring, would fade away upon my return. Too late to ask if that warm feeling meant the same to Kate, but I honestly know it did.

Y'see? That sureness of feeling? You're all just a little bit lovely...

No comments: