Google Analytics

Monday, March 05, 2007

Ooh, they're playing our song again...

Kate and I had a song or two. Nothing that made us go all luvvy - just songs that defined the moment. When we met, I took her to see the Bare Naked Ladies at the Waterfront in Norwich. For a while "If I had a million dollars" was our feel good sound. Never had the million dollars, and lent the album to someone who must have also liked it. Very much, as it never came back...

Later "Dance the night away" by the Mavericks was added to the list - bounced across Ipswich to the Regent one night to see them.

And more recently when we sat watching Basement Jaxx on telly - loads of costume changes at the V festival a year or so ago I think. Lovely. Lovely ladies. "Do your thing" had us swinging in the kitchen and dancing round the dining table.

Now, the thing I hate is singer/songwriters. Not an ounce of fun in them, the scourge of a decent pub music session. Killing the atmosphere in the beer tent at a festival. Miserable bastards with their overlong, pretentious, dirgy ballads.

But I have to admit, at the moment, the song that get's me - hurts, brings tears, but in a beautiful way - is "Goodbye my lover" by a certain Mr. James Blunt. Ah y'bugger.

No comments: