Google Analytics

Sunday, March 11, 2007

Ceilidh virgins and a naked woman in the house

This itinerant bassist had a gig to play on Saturday. As a treat(!), I took the newly retired Ron along with Pam and all the PA gear. He normally squeezes us all in his estate car, so we fitted with room to spare in the "Skylark". Also had to take Robert and Alice, so I invited a friend along with her son to help babysit. Never been folk dancing before - a self confessed ceilidh virgin. Undeterred, she threw herself into it with lager fueled gusto, dragging the kids up in turn to partner her. Sure glad I never promised her agile young men, willing to perform ritual fertility dances - they were fresh out.

Maybe next time.

Still, long night, and the kids lasted well. Time to go home and I decided to lay Delores in the back of the bus. Naked. Took her out fully clothed - but just for a change, thought I'd have her standing unclothed in the corner of the dining room, looking down her nose at me. Ready to be stroked, plucked, and strummed.

Delores? She's my bass.

No comments: