Google Analytics

Monday, January 29, 2007

Useless emotions - and winkers.

Regret. Pointless, useless, nagging emotion. What's it for? Knaws away at you, poisoning the past.

Well - I'd be lying if I said I hadn't any. And there's two kinds - regret for what you did, regret for what you didn't.
Time cures, and softens the first. And the second?

Wish I'd spent more time at home. Doing the mundane things I have to do now. I don't mind the cooking, cleaning, making house kinda stuff.
But I know I should have done more of it. Earlier.

No matter. I'm doing it now. It's not a penance as such - I'm enjoying it. Those that know me, both of you that pop by to read, know that I'm really happy helping, sorting little things out, smoothing other people's lives in some small way.

Can't make everyone happy. Can but try. Had a beautiful weekend, friends drifting in and out on Saturday, old friends 40th party in the evening.
Long night chatting, tears, emotional highs and lows, but feeling fine, drifting off to sleep as the sun rose. I'm not the only one emotionally damaged by the past, but I'm going to do whatever it takes to make the future, well just real good. Lovely. Gorgeous.

Emotions. Good, bad. Whatever. I'd rather have them both than none at all.

And winkers? Ken Bruce discussing semaphore indicators. Made me laugh till I cried. Those lights that popped out of the side on old cars to indicate you were turning. Whatever happened to those useless winkers someone mused? "Well" he replied - "I think they're all on Celebrity Big Brother".

No comments: