Google Analytics

Monday, September 18, 2006

And so it begins...















It's
been two months now since the death of my nearest and dearest, Kathryn. She'd be the first to say she didn't "battle" with cancer. She lived with it. After seven wonderful years in remission, it came back to get her in the end.

Summer was a hell of a roller coaster.

Autumn is upon me and the kids, and we'd normally be looking forward to it; birthdays (mine and Kate's), harvest suppers, bonfire night, -all sorts of fun as the dark nights roll in.

Winter's drawing nearer, and I miss my ol' buddy on the other end of the logs, whilst I cut the firewood.

It's hereon in that it gets scary. Going to work in the dark. Coming home in the dark. Long, long, black nights of cooking, cleaning, washing, helping with homework, and stumbling along the narrow path between sanity and loneliness.

Scared. But not sad. Kate found me thirteen wonderful years ago, living amongst my scrapyard toys with just a welder, grinder and the radio to keep me company. She brought some order to this chaos - gave me a purpose, a lover, a life, but unfortunately not, lifelong friend. And two wonderful kids.
























Because of them, I still have that purpose she gave me. And so it begins...



1 comment:

Jake Allsop said...

No words of mine can help.
Best wishes.
Jake